And Notices of Privacy Practices
Thank you for visiting Takeda Oncology.com, a website of Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (“Takeda”).
Table of Contents
- Collection of Personal Information and Persistent Identifier Information
- Your Choices
- Use of Personal Information and Persistent Identifier Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Personal Information of Children
- Links to Other Websites
- Changing Your Preferences; Opt-Out of Receiving Communications
- Questions; Accessing Your Personal Information; Takeda Contact Address
- Notices of Privacy Practices
Collection of Personal Information and Persistent Identifier Information
Information You Provide
In general, you may browse the Takeda Websites without providing any personal information. At our Websites, we may provide you with opportunities to sign up to receive information or services from us. As part of this process, we ask you to provide us with personal information about you (such as name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address). For example, you may choose to register to receive e-mail updates about a Website, information about a health condition, or materials relating to products or services offered by Takeda and its product-related co-promotion partners, and you may provide us with your e-mail address to receive such communications. You may always choose not to provide us with your personal information, and we will disclose to you at the time we collect your personal information whether it is required for you to receive the information or services you have requested.
To better understand and address your interests, and to keep the personal information we have about you accurate, we may correct or add to the personal information you provide to us at our Websites with personal information we receive from you offline or from other sources.
Automatically Collected Information – Cookies and Other Website Information
Like most other commercial websites, we use standard “cookie” and “web beacon” technology and web server logs to collect information about how our Website is used. Web beacons are transparent pixel images that are used in collecting information about Website visitor activities and e-mail open and click-through rates. For example, if we send you an e-mail message, we (or third parties providing services on our behalf) may collect information through web beacons to determine whether you have opened the e-mail message or clicked on links located within the e-mail message. Such data may include, but is not limited to, your e-mail and IP addresses, the browser and e-mail client you use, the city in which you are located, and details about how you engage with the email, such as whether you opened, read, forwarded, or printed the e-mail. By opting in to Takeda e-mails, you agree to the use of e-mail analytics.
Information gathered through cookies and by our web server logs may include your IP address, your Internet browser (e.g., Chrome), your operating system (e.g., Windows 10), the domain name of your internet service provider (e.g., Comcast), the date and time of your visits, the pages viewed, the time spent at our Website, and the websites visited just before and just after our Website. This information may be associated with your personal information, but it is not considered personal information unless it is associated with an identifiable individual.
Additionally, Takeda may embed content or applications from third party sources to facilitate an interactive website experience. In the case of any such third party materials, the third party’s privacy policies and terms of condition will apply to those website elements. Takeda makes no representations regarding the collection or use of data submitted to third party applications. Consumers should review the privacy policies of any third party content providers prior to submitting any information via third party content or applications. Third party content or applications that collect Personal Information will be designated as such on the page in which they are embedded.
Certain web browsers and other programs may be used to signal your preferences to Takeda about how or whether Takeda or third parties may collect information about your online activities. The Digital Advertising Alliance maintains a web site where consumers can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the network advertising companies participating in the program (see www.AboutAds.info/choices).
Use of Personal Information and Persistent Identifier Information
We may use persistent identifier information to track your use of our Website and to deliver advertising relevant to you that is based on information we have collected about your interests. This advertising may be delivered both on our Websites and on third party sites.
We may use aggregate information collected from visitors of our Websites in order to improve our Websites, products, or services. Aggregate information about Website visitors that does not contain personal information may be shared with third parties.
E-mail a Friend or Colleague
On some of the Takeda Websites, you can send a link or e-mail message to a friend or colleague. E-mail addresses you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague information on your behalf and will not be collected or used by Takeda or other third parties for any other purpose.
Note to Healthcare Professionals and Business Partners
If you have a business or professional relationship with Takeda, we may use your personal information, including personal information we may collect about you from other sources, to develop our business relationship with you and your organization. These efforts may include providing you or other members of your organization with relevant advertisements on the Websites and elsewhere online.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may also share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- if you request or authorize such a disclosure;
- in connection with the sale, assignment, license or other transfer of our company or our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, product-related co-promotion partners or products;
- to protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our employees or others;
- to enforce an agreement we have with you;
- to comply with the terms of an agreement with a product-related co-promotion partner;
- to respond to appropriate requests of legitimate government agencies or where required by applicable laws, court orders or government regulations; or
- where needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
As a company with global operations, Takeda may share your personal information with parties described in this section who are (1) located in other countries, and (2) subject to other applicable laws, rules and regulations relating to your personal information that do not offer the same protections as the country in which your personal information was collected. In particular, your personal information may be processed in the United States and subject to applicable US laws, rules and regulations.
Note: Except in relation to the transfer of a product or line of products, we will not share any of your personal information with unrelated third parties for their own, independent direct marketing purposes unless you explicitly give us permission to do so.
Personal Information of Children
Our Websites are not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 18, and we do not believe that our Websites are appealing to children. Therefore, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from anyone under the age of 18 at our Websites. If you believe your child has provided any personal information to Takeda, please inform us in writing at the contact address below to identify and request correction or removal of any such data.
Links to Other Websites
Our Websites may provide links to other websites as a service to you. The third-party websites are operated by companies that are outside of our control, and your activities at those websites will be governed by the policies and privacy practices of those third parties. We do not recommend or endorse the content of these websites. We encourage you to review the policies and privacy practices of those third parties before disclosing any of your personal information, as we are not responsible for their policies and privacy practices.
Changing Your Preferences; Opt-Out of Receiving Communications
When you provide us with your personal information, you will be given some choices about how we use that personal information. You may change these preferences later. For example, if you sign up for an e-mail newsletter, you may opt out of receiving future e-mail newsletters at any time. Takeda will always provide you with one or more of the following ways to opt out: (i) by following any opt-out instructions contained in communications you receive from Takeda, (ii) by un-subscribing at specific areas of the Website(s) where you registered, if available, or (iii) by sending a written request to the Takeda contact address immediately below.
Questions; Updating Your Personal Information; Takeda Contact Address
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or if you need help accessing your personal information or changing your preferences, please send a written request to us at the following address:
Attn: Legal Department/Privacy – Website Communications
35 Landsdowne Street
Note: Please make sure to provide the name of the Website(s) applicable to your request, and your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if any). If you do not provide us with this information, we may not be able to respond.
Note to Employment-Applicant Users of Our Websites
If you wish to modify or update your personal information submitted at one of our Websites in response to an employment opportunity at Takeda, you can do so on the appropriate web page of the Website where you applied.
Notices of Privacy Practices
Takeda Oncology 1Point
This notice describes how Takeda Oncology 1Point may use and disclose your personal health information about you and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Takeda Oncology 1Point is a prescription assistance service offered by Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc. help eligible patients who have been prescribed Takeda Oncology medication obtain financial assistance and access other patient support programs provided by Takeda Oncology 1Point.
Obtain a copy of your personal health information
- You can ask to see or get a copy of your personal health information we have about you and to ask us to correct information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete.
- We will provide a copy or a summary of your health information, usually within 15 days of your request. If we say “no” to your request, we will tell you why in writing within 30 days.
Ask us to limit what we use or share
- You have the right to ask us to restrict the use and disclosure of your health information for treatment, payment, or health care operations, except for uses or disclosures required by law.
- We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say “no” if it would affect your participation in the program.
Get a list of those with whom we’ve shared information
- You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times we’ve shared your health information, who we shared it with, and why.
- You have the right to cancel or revoke your participation in the Takeda Oncology 1Point. The cancellation or revocation is not effective until your provider receives it.
Get a copy of this privacy notice
- You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
If you want to exercise these rights, you must make your request in writing to the address listed below:
Attn: Legal Department/Privacy – Takeda Oncology 1Point
35 Landsdowne Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Our Uses and Disclosures
- We may disclose your health information for the purpose of facilitating the provision of the Takeda Oncology products, supplies or services as selected by you or your physician and may include (but not be limited to) verification of insurance benefits and drug coverage, prior authorization support, financial assistance with co-pays, patient assistance programs, alternative funding sources, and other related programs.
- How else can we use or share your health information?
- We are allowed or required to share your information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes.
Comply with the law
- We will share information about you if state or federal laws require it.
Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
- We can share health information about you in response to a court or administrative order, or in response to a subpoena.
- We maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- We will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that compromises the privacy or security of your information.
- We must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
- We will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell us we can in writing. If you tell us we can, you may change your mind at any time. Let us know in writing if you change your mind.
Changes to the Terms of this Notice
We can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information we have about you. The new notice will be available upon request, in our office, and on our web site.
This Notice was last updated on August 8, 2018.